It was a quiet weekend at the box office, as audiences are likely getting ready for the big game. Here’s what went down:
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle returned to the top spot, bringing in an estimated $11.1 million, and raising its total to an incredible $352 million. I’m sure nobody at Sony anticipated a long-dormant IP to do so well at the box office, but the power of a good family film and The Rock clearly made this happen.
As for the rest of the top five, The Maze Runner: The Death Cure fell to second place with $10.2 million. Winchester debut in third place with a lackluster $9.25 million. The Greatest Showman was once again in fourth place, bringing in an estimated $7.8 million, while Hostiles closed things out in fifth place with $5.5 million.
So, to recap, here were our predictions:
1) Winchester – $11.5 million
2) Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle – $11 million
3) The Maze Runner: The Death Cure – $10.5 million
4) The Greatest Showman – $7 million
5) Hostiles – $6 million
And here’s how the weekend is estimated to turn out:
1) Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle – $11.1 million
2) The Maze Runner: The Death Cure – $10.2 million
3) Winchester – $9.25 million
4) The Greatest Showman – $7.8 million
5) Hostiles – $5.5 million
Next weekend sees the release of Fifty Shades Free, The 15:10 To Paris, and Peter Rabbit. Be sure to check back on Friday to see our predictions!