As predicted, this weekend the box office belonged once again to our reigning number one. Here’s what went down:
The Fate of the Furious continued to be a big winner at the box office, remaining in first place for the third weekend in a row with $19.3 million. Next weekend, the film is guaranteed to drop with the return of Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy.
Debuting in second and third place were two films that we hadn’t even factored into thr equation. How to be a Latin Lover with Salma Hayek debut in second place with $12 million, while Indian film Baahubali 2: The Conclusion arrived with $10.1 million. Both films appealed to targeted audiences, but they were ones that happily to come out in full force.
As for the rest of the top five, The Circle debut in fourth place with $9.3 million, while The Boss Baby was in fifth place with 9.05 million.
So, to recap, here were our predictions:
1) The Fate of the Furious – $20 million
2) The Boss Baby – $9.5 million
3) The Circle – $9 million
4) Beauty and the Beast – $7 million
5) Going In Style – $4 million
And here’s how the weekend is estimated to turn out:
1) The Fate of the Furious – $19.3 million
2) How to be a Latin Lover– $12 million
3) Baahubali 2: The Conclusion – $10.1 million
4) The Circle – $9.3 million
5) The Boss Baby – $9.05 million
Next weekend sees the release of Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2. Be sure to check back on Friday to see our predictions!