The Boss Baby remains in charge of the box office for another weekend
The baby is still boss at the box office, while no new releases managed to make much of an impact. Here’s what went down:
The Boss Baby managed to hold on to the top spot at the box office for a second weekend, bringing in an estimated $26.3 million. The film is closing in on $100 million, but will definitely be knocked off its perch next weekend with the arrival of Fate of the Furious.
As for the rest of the top five, Beauty and the Beast was in second place with $25.1 million. Smurfs: The Lost Village debut in third place with an estimated $14 million, with Going In Style areliving right behind it in fourth place with $12.2 million. The massive bomb that is Ghost in the Shell closed things out in fifth place with $7.2 million.
So, to recap, here were our predictions:
1) The Boss Baby – $29 million
2) Beauty and the Beast – $27.5 million
3) Smurfs: The Lost Village – $19.5 million
4) Going In Style – $12 million
5) Power Rangers – $7.5 milion
And here’s how the weekend is estimated to turn out:
1) The Boss Baby – $26.3 million
2) Beauty and the Beast – $26.3 million
3) Smurfs: The Lost Village – $14 million
4) Going In Style – $12.2 million
5) Ghost in the Shell – $7.2 million
Next weekend sees the release of Fate of the Furious. Be sure to check back on Friday to see our prediction!
Posted on April 9, 2017, in Andy Burns, Andy Burns/Andy B, box office predictions, General, movies and tagged Andy Burns, box office predictions, movies, The Boss Baby. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.