It’s a long weekend for our friends in the United States, which means official box office numbers won’t be tallied until after the four days. However, three day estimates have arrived and they’re looking good for Disney’s latest live-action offering.
Disney’s Aladdin arrived in theatres with so-so reviews but lots of hype and audience recognition. Families were definitely going to choose this one for their weekend outing, and the numbers show it, as the film debuted in first place with an estimated three-day haul of $89.4 million.
As for the rest of the top five, John Wick: Chapter Three – Parabellum dropped to second place with $24.1 million. Avengers: Endgame was in third place with an estimated $16.9 million. Pokemon: Detective Pikachu was in fourth place with $13.1 million, while new arrival Brightburn debut in fifth place with $8.5 million.
So, to recap. here were our predictions:
1) Disney’s Aladdin – $80 million
2) John Wick: Chapter Three – Parabellum – $24 million
3) Avengers: Endgame – $19 million
4) Brightburn – $18 million
5) Pokemon: Detective Pikachu – $15 million
And here’s how the three-day weekend is estimated to turn out:
1) Disney’s Aladdin – $89.4 million
2) John Wick: Chapter Three – Parabellum – $24.1 million
3) Avengers: Endgame – $16.9 million
4) Pokemon: Detective Pikachu – $13.1 million
5) Brightburn – $8.5 million
Next weekend sees the release of Godzilla: King of the Monsters and Rocketman. Be sure to check back on Friday to see our predictions!