It was a big weekend at the box office for the latest entry in the John Wick franchise, as the film came out guns a blazing.
John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum debut on top of the box office with $57 million, a significant increase over the second film’s $30 million debut. Clearly, the character and the franchise has struck a serious chord with movie goers. It’s going to be a short reign on top though, so Keanu Reeves and company should enjoy it while lasts.
Avengers: Endgame dropped to second place with $29 million. The film has now made $770 million, and become the second biggest film in North American box office history, only behind Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ $970 million.
As for the rest of the top five, Pokemon: Detective Pikachu was in third place with with $24 million. A Dog’s Journey debut in fourth place with $8 million, while The Hustle closed things out in fifth place with $6 million.
So, to recap, here were our predictions:
1) John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum – $55 million
2) Avengers: Endgame – $40 million
3) Pokemon: Detective Pikachu – $28 million
4) A Dog’s Journey – $11 million
5) The Hustle – $7 million
And here is how the weekend is estimated to turn out:
1) John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum – $57 million
2) Avengers: Endgame – $29 million
3) Pokemon: Detective Pikachu – $24 million
4) A Dog’s Journey – $8 million
5) The Hustle – $6 million
Next weekend sees the release of Aladdin, Booksmart, and Brightburn. Be sure to check back on Friday to see our predictions!