It was an uneventful weekend at the box office, apart from a tight race for second place that found a family film winning out over fisticuffs.
Ralph Breaks The Internet remained in first place for the second weekend in a row, bringing in $25.8 million, and raising its two-week total to $119 million.
There was a battle between Creed II and Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch for second place, with the later winning out with $17.7 million, which allowed it to pass the $200 million. Creed II still performed well, thought, bringing in $16.8 million.
The failing Fantastic Beasts 2: The Crimes of Grindlewald dropped to fourth place with $11.2 million, while Bohemian Rhapsody closed things out in fifth place with $8.1 million.
So, to recap, here were our predictions:
1) Ralph Breaks The Internet – $30 million
2) Creed II – $19 million
3) Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch – $17 million
4) Fantastic Beasts 2: The Crimes of Grindlewald – $10 million
5) Bohemian Rhapsody – $8.5 million
And here’s how the weekend is estimated to turn out:
1) Ralph Breaks The Internet – $25.8 million
2) Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch – $17.7 million
3) Creed II – $16.8 million
4) Fantastic Beasts 2: The Crimes of Grindlewald – $11.2 million
5) Bohemian Rhapsody – $8.1 million
Next weekend sees no major releases, so check back on Friday to see how we predict these holdovers will do!