For the second weekend in a row, audiences flocked to check out The LEGO Movie. The film stayed strong at number one, bringing in an estimated $48.8 million, raising its two week total to a $129 million. Can you smell a sequel?
Find out how the rest of the top five turned out after the jump!
Debuting in second was the first of two Kevin Hart films in the top five. His remake of the 80s film About Last Night grossed a solid $27 million, holding of the well-reviewed Robocop remake, which hit third place with $21.5 million. The Monuments Men grabbed fourth place with $15 million while new release Endless Love had to settle for fifth with $13 million.
So, to recap, here were our predictions:
1) The LEGO Movie – $45 million
2) Robocop – $24 million
3) About Last Night – $16 million
4) The Monuments Men – $15.5 million
5) Endless Love – $15 million
And here’s how the weekend turned out:
1) The LEGO Movie – $48.8 million
2) About Last Night – $27 million
3) Robocop – $21.5 million
4) The Monuments Men – $15 million
5) Endless Love – $13 million
Next week sees the release of 3 Days To Kill and Pompeii. Be sure to check back on Friday to see our predictions!