It was another big weekend for Marvel Studios, as their latest release did some big box office business. Here’s what went down.
Thor: The Dark World had a stellar opening weekend, bringing in $86 million for the fourth biggest opening of the year, and a good chunk more than the original film’s $65 million. The franchise has grown, as has the character’s popularity, and the second instalment should manage to get close to the $200 million mark.
Find out how the rest of the weekend turned out after the jump!
As for the rest of the top five, Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa was in second with $11.3 million, followed closely in third by Free Birds with $11.18. Last Vegas was in fourth with $11.1 million while Ender’s Game closed things out in fifth place with $10 million.
So, to recap, here were our predictions:
1) Thor: The Dark World – $95 million
2) Ender’s Game – $13 million
3) Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa – $12.5 million
4) Last Vegas – $9 million
5) Free Birds – $8 million
And here’s how the weekend turned out:
1) Thor: The Dark World – $86 million
2) Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa – $11.3 million
3) Free Birds – $11.18 million
4) Last Vegas – $11.1 million
5) Ender’s Game – $10 million
Next weekend sees the release The Best Man Holiday. Be sure to cheek back on Friday to see our predictions.