This summer, I had my first Fast & Furious experience. Yes, shake your head at me, I know you’re doing it. But for whatever reason, I just hadn’t seen any of the many instalments. However, one night my mother and her gentleman caller were going to see Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw, and asked me if I wanted to join them. So I did. And we had a lot of fun.
It didn’t matter that I’d never seen a F & F film before. I got up to speed pretty quickly about the rivalry between Luke Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson) and Deckard Shaw (Jason Statham), and the film quickly introduces the big bad in Brixton Lore (Idris Elba), who makes a formidable bad guy. Hobbs & Shaw is the sort of movie you don’t need (or should want) to think too hard about. Instead, you sit back and revel in the extreme action that takes place, courtesy of director David Leith (John Wick, Deadpool 2).
Today sees the release of Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw on 4K. The movie looks great and the release includes the following extras:
- ALTERNATE OPENING*
- DELETED/EXTENDED/ALTERNATE SCENES
- JOHNSON & STATHAM: HOBBS & SHAW – Why this film duo works so well together on and off the set.
- PROGRESS OF A FIGHT SCENE WITH DIRECTOR DAVID LEITCH – From script, to storyboard, to finally arriving on set and working with cast and crew, this piece will illustrate the progression of fight scenes from concept to execution.
- PRACTICAL ACTION – Any film featuring Jason Statham or Dwayne Johnson is sure to be action packed and feature some over-the-top fight scenes. For the film, each fight sequence was carefully choreographed and shot ahead of time for the actors to use in training and ultimately in shooting the scene.
- THE BAD GUY* – Fans can explore what makes the ultimate baddie, as well as Brixton’s backstory, casting Idris Elba, special effects for his cyber features and what makes him tick.
- THE SISTER* – This piece will highlight Vanessa Kirby as Hattie Shaw – she may be Deckard Shaw’s little sister, but don’t be fooled, she’s equally capable of kicking just as much ass as he does.
- HOBBS’ FAMILY TREE* – This character piece will highlight the extended family of the Hobbs heroes. From Hobbs’ daughter, mother and brothers, take a high-energy, behind-the-scenes look at their time on set.
- THE MATRIARCH* – With her brief appearance in HOBBS & SHAW, audiences are reminded of the matriarchal might of Helen Mirren as mother Shaw. This piece will feature Mirren in her return to the role.
- NEW FRIENDS – Featuring hilarious moments with the cameos featured in the film, this piece will showcase some of the best moments from their days on set.
- ELEVATOR ACTION* – The elevator scene in the trailer – yes, you know the one. This is just one of the crazy stunts in the film – now fans can see how it was done.
- STUNT SHOW AND TELL* – Along with film clips and stunt vis, this firsthand look at some of the key sequences in the film will peel back the layers of the stunt process.
- KEEPING IT IN THE FAMILY: A CONVERSATION WITH ROMAN AND DWAYNE* – In this intimate conversation, Roman Reigns and Dwayne Johnson discuss their personal relationship, coming from a long lineage of wrestlers, and what it’s like to be working side by side on a project so close to Johnson’s heart.
- BLIND FURY* – Dwayne reveals the inspiration behind one of the film’s key scenes – his grandfather!
- DWAYNE AND HOBBS: LOVE AT FIRST BITE* – We know how important family is to Dwayne Johnson, and his French Bulldog Hobbs is no exception. In this fun piece, fans can learn more about Dwayne and man’s best friend.
- FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH DIRECTOR DAVID LEITCH
* Exclusive to Digital, 4K Ultra HD & Blu-ray™
You can order Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw here.