Carol Danvers, also known as Captain Marvel, has been called a feminist icon and perhaps the most powerful Avenger. She was created by writer Roy Thomas and artist Gene Colan, first appearing in March 1968 in Marvel Super-Heroes #13. In January 1977, she became the first incarnation of Ms. Marvel. She was also featured in her own self-titled series in the late 1970s before her association with The Avengers and the X-Men.
Next March, Marvel Studios will release Captain Marvel, starring award-winning actress Brie Larson (Room, Free Fire, Kong: Skull Island). If you can’t wait that long, there is good news.
Marvel will celebrate Captain Marvel’s 50th anniversary this summer with a series of variant covers. These variants will feature art by John Tyler Christopher, Kate Niemczyk and more.
Keep your eyes out for Marvel’s Carol Danvers variant covers on these select titles:
1. Avengers #4 by Kate Niemczyk with colors by Morry Hollowell
2. Black Panther #3 by Paul Renaud
3. Doctor Strange #3 by Ema Lupacchino with colors by Jason Keith
4. Immortal Hulk #3 by Mahmud Asrar with colors by Edgar Delgado
5. Thor #3 by John Tyler Christopher
Don’t miss your chance to collect all five variant covers. They’ll be coming to comic shops this July.