‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ wins the weekend, ends the year as box office champ
Welcomes to 2018! We hope the year treats you well, and that you have much to look forward to. The final weekend box office of 2017 was more competitive than some may have figured – here’s what went down:
Star Wars: The Last Jedi was number one at the box office for the third weekend in a row, bringing in an estimated $69 million over four days. That brings the film’s total to $533 million, making it the biggest film of 2017.
Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle has proven to be a huge hit over the holidays. It hit second place with $67.1 million, bringing its two week total to $186 million.
As for the rest of the top five, Pitch Perfect 3 was in third place with $22.7 million. The Great Showman is slowly finding its audience – it hit fourth place with $20.3 million. Ferdinand closed things out in fifth place with $15.1 million.
So, to recap, here were our four-day predictions:
1) Star Wars: The Last Jedi – $80 million
2) Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle – $65 million
3) Pitch Perfect 3 – $30 million
4) The Great Showman – $16 million
5) Ferdinand – $14 million
And here are the final numbers:
1) Star Wars: The Last Jedi – $69 million
2) Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle – $67.1 million
3) Pitch Perfect 3 – $22.7 million
4) The Great Showman – $20.3 million
5) Ferdinand – $15.1 million
This week sees the release of Insidious 4. Be sure to check back on Friday and see our predictions!
Posted on January 1, 2018, in Andy Burns, Andy Burns/Andy B, box office predictions, General, movies and tagged Andy Burns, box office predicitons, movies, Star Wars The Last Jedi. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.