The Number Worked Out for “The Accountant”
No doubt Ben Affleck is happy that the bad juju surrounding Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice hasn’t tainted his drawing power, as he’s sitting pretty in the top spot at the box office. Here’s what went down:
The Accountant debut at number one in the box office with a strong $24.7 million. While not a massive showing, it’s definitely a decent start for a dramatic, non-franchise film. While it’s unlikely that the movie will get anywhere near $100 million, it should do alright for itself if it manages to have some legs over the coming weeks.
As for the rest of the top five, Kevin Hart: What Now? debut in second place with $11.98 million. The Girl on the Train dropped to number three with $11.98 million, while Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children was in fourth place $8.9 million. Deepwater Horizon closed things out in fifth with $6.35 million.
So, to recap, here were our predictions:
1) The Accountant – $20 million
2) The Girl on the Train – $13 million
3) Kevin Hart: What Now? – $11 million
4) Miss Peregrine’s School for Peculiar Children – $8.5 million
5) Deepwater Horizon – $6 million
And here’s how the weekend turned out:
1) The Accountant – $24.7 million
2) Kevin Hart: What Now? – $11.98 million
3) The Girl on the Train – $11.98 million
4) Miss Peregrine’s School for Peculiar Children – $8.9 million
5) Deepwater Horizon – $6.35 million
Next weekend sees the release of Jack Reacher 2, Boo! A Madea Halloween, Keeping Up With The Joneses and Ouija 2. Be sure to check back on Friday to see our predictions.