As predicted, it as a slow weekend at the box office. With no major new films released, the numbers were lacklustre, even as the biggest film of the summer continued to bring in the bucks.
Guardians of the Galaxy was number one for another weekend, bringing in an estimated $10.6 million, raising its total to $295 million. By this time next week, GOTG will be the first film of 2014 to cross the magical $300 million mark.
As for the rest of the top five, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was in second with $5.5 million. Let’s Be Cops was close behind in third place with $5 million. If I Stay was in fourth place with $4.9 million, while The November Man closed things out in fifth with $4.1 million.
So, to recap, here were our predictions:
1) Guardians of the Galaxy – $12 million
2) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – $9 million
3) If I Stay – $6 million
4) Let’s Be Cops – $5 million
5) The November Man – $4.5 million
And here’s how the weekend turned out:
1) Guardians of the Galaxy – $10 million
2) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – $5.5 million
3) Let’s Be Cops – $5 million
4) If I Stay – $4.9 million
5) The November Man – $4.1 million
Next weekend sees the release of Dolphin’s Tale 2. Be sure to check back on Friday to see our predictions!