It was a definite bummer at the box office for every film that didn’t involve a zombie romance. Here’s what went down.
Warm Bodies was the big winner at the box office, making a decent $19.5 million, an impressive number considering that there are no real stars in the flick. Critical reaction was very strong, which certainly helped, as did the off-beat zombie/human girl romance concept. It will be interesting to see if the film has any legs in the coming weeks.
Find out how the rest of the weekend turned out after the jump!
Once again, another 80’s action icon wound up with a bomb on his hands. In this case, it was Sylvester Stallone, whose Bullet To The Head couldn’t even make it into the top five, having to settle for sixth place with an awful $4.5 million in its opening weekend.
As for the rest of the top five, Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters felt to number 2 with $9 million, a 53% drop week to week. Silver Linings Playbook was in third with $8 million, Mama grabbed fourth with $6.7 million while Zero Dark Thirty took fifth place with $5.3 million.
So, to recap, here were our predictions:
1) Warm Bodies – $15 million
2) Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters – $10 million
3) Silver Linings Playbook – $9 million
4) Zero Dark Thirty – $8.5 million
5) Bullet To The Head – $7 million
And here’s how the weekend turned out:
1) Warm Bodies – $19.5 million
2) Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters – $9.2 million
3) Silver Linings Playbook – $8 million
4) Mama – $6.7 million
5) Zero Dark Thirty – $5.3 million
Next weekend sees the release of Identity Theft and Side Effects. Be sure to check back on Friday to see our predictions!