The other day the Princess and I were walking home from school, and we started talking about what makes us love video games, and it seemed that we both agreed it came down to the same thing:
Amazing graphics will always capture our eyeballs, but it’s the stories around those visuals that are what really keep us engaged and excited. For the Princess, that’s why she’s beaten Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and for me, well, that’s why I’d say UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End is probably the greatest game I’ve ever played, both in its original PS4 version and now, remastered for PS5 as part of the UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection collection.
Both A Thief’s End and its follow-up The Lost Legacy have been souped up for the next generation, including the following specs:
- DualSense™ Wireless Controller features: Feel the action unfold with the DualSense™ wireless controller’s haptic feedback through punches, vaults and vehicular traversal. Experience the tension in rope swings via dynamic adaptive triggers.
- Fast Loading: Jump back into the adventure quickly with the PS5 console’s Ultra-High Speed SSD and near-instant load times.
- 3D Audio: Hear the world of UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection come to life around you with 3D Audio.1
- Fidelity Mode: Play in a super sharp native 4K resolution with a 30fps target framerate.2
- Performance Mode: Play with a smooth 60fps target framerate.
- 4K-TV players will experience a 4K resolution upscaled from a 1440p base resolution.
- 1080p HD-TV players will experience a 1080p resolution supersampled from a 1440p base with improved anti-aliasing.
- Performance+ Mode: Play with a high impact 120fps target framerate 3 and a 1080p resolution.
All of this information is important, and if you’ve got all the necessary accessories to take full advantage, which means a PS5 and a 4K television, picking up UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection will look and play absolutely beautifully. It’s the type of collection that will make you pause your game just to look around at the sites and marvel at how far gaming has come.
But there’s more than just the visuals – if you’ve never played UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End, you must correct that and this collection is the way to do it. It is the most engaging title I’ve ever delved into, with a stellar story starring the beloved Nathan Drake in a tale that crosses continents and, should you be of a certain age, will have you feeling as though you’re playing an Indiana Jones film. The high quality of the title should come as no surprise, as it won over 150 Game of the Year accolades upon its original release back in 2016.
You can read our original reviews for both UNCHARTED: A Thief’s End and UNCHARTED: The Lost Legacy to delve a little deeper into both stories; those remain unchanged. Ultimately, whether you’ve never delved into either game before, or want a next-gen, upgraded experience, the UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection release is a no-brainer, must-have addition to your PS5 library, and a perfect primer for the UNCHARTED film starring Tom Holland and Mark Wahlberg that is out February 18th.