It’s been a slow weekend at the box office. Very slow. Though to be fair, our predictions were definitely off a little in terms of placement, while one release has been a minor surprise. Here’s what went down:
As of the early weekend estimates, it appears that religous film War Room will be tops at the box office, pulling in a low $9.3 million. Following in second place is Straight Outta Compton with $9.0 – these two films could easily switch places by the time the actuals come out.
In third place is the Robert Redford film A Walk In The Woods, which opened Wednesday and over the weekend grossed an estimated $7.7 million. In fourth place was Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation was in fourth place with $7.5 million, while The Transporter: Refuelled debut in fifth placw with just $6.5 million.
So, to recap, here were our predictions:
1) Straight Outta Compton – $12 million
2) The Transporter: Refuelled – $8.5 million
3) War Room – $7 million
4) Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation – $6.5 million
5) No Escape – $6 million
And here’s how the weekend turned out:
1) War Room – $9.3 million
2) Straight Outta Compton – $9.0 million
3) A Walk In The Woods – $7.7 million
4) Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation – $7.5 million
5) The Transpoter: Refulled – $6.5 million
Next weekend sees the release of Perfect Guy. Be sure to check in on Friday to see our predictions!